Rocky Springs used to be a sheep property and as such we have a lovely old shearing shed. As Rocky Springs is now purely a cattle property the old shed is used for storage. I snapped this grainy shot on the mobile phone at day’s end today. And what did today’s work involve?
1. Back-up computer to avoid internet doomsday – check.
2. Fix electric fence – check.
3. Drive cattle truck to neighbours to pick up escapee cow and calf – check.
4. Draft cows and calves in our yards – check.
5. Cook lunch – check
6. Quick lap of farm in the ute to make sure water medicator was working – check.
7. Clean trough – check
8. Test electric fence with backside – ouch
9. Move mob of cattle under starlight with Bo – check
10. Join teleconference for girls trading cattle – check
11. Find warm bed – yes please………….